Q. How do we support our child through college?

May 10th, 2016

A. Washington law allows courts to require contribution by the parties and child toward college expenses. Courts will require parents to pay a portion of the child’s tuition, room, board and books based on the relative earnings of each party. The maximum amount is the usually the cost for a Washington resident at a public institution such as the UW, WSU, CWU etc. and not beyond age 23.